9.19.2007

Moving day Friday

So I go to the new clinic today and it is a flipping madhouse. People pouring concrete outside, putting in lights, installing cabinets, sawing, poking, prodding, you name it. I cannot fathom that I will be in there by Friday but they keep saying "it's a go". Mike, my landlord and #1 advocate is out of town and thus unable to crack the proverbial whip, so I'll believe it when I see it. We'll have a temporary generator as the power isn't hooked up yet and they "hope" the phone lines will be in. The movers are all ready to roll so everyone send good vibes, please.





We have an update on Jon's job too. What we decided not to post over the last few weeks that Jon's work was not really sure part time would work for them after all. So he's been through another round of meetings and negotiation and we (ok, Jon) got the green light today. Clap clap clap! (We clap now when we're happy...) He'll start back 2 mornings a week in October, I will be home with the baby on those days. Also during October, we'll get Julian transitioned into his bilingual daycare. By November Jon will be 25 hours a week at work. At that point, I'll be home 2 mornings with Julian, we'll have him 2 days in daycare. Now we're looking for a nanny for Monday mornings. Anyone looking for some work?

What else...let's see...we had our first babysitter last Friday. Thanks Ada! Julian waved goodbye to us and didn't get distressed for about an hour. I must admit it was a little hard to leave in the first place, even though we really needed a date night. He was fine in the end, and we're happy that he noticed we were gone. We were also very happy that Julian waited to fill his diaper to capacity until we returned. So is Ada, I imagine.

The last few days Julian has his first runny/snotty nose. Jon has been chasing him around with a tissue and he's still in fine spirits (Julian, that is...well, Jon too.)

The only not so fab news is that we tried to introduce rice to the baby. He has not had it as we were told by our foster mom he was allergic. Sure enough he broke out in a rash all over his face and his ears. How we will avoid rice should be interesting...but if anyone can manage it, we can.

Jon's brother Doug comes in for the weekend again before he heads out to Central and South America for another few months (sabbatical, etc.) My folks and my sis and hubby come out next weekend for Julian's birthday and Sharon's birthday. Then Jon's folks come out the weekend of the 15th. Another busy month as I get settled into my new office, we get Julian into daycare and Jon back to work.

2008? Time to slow down.

Love,
Us.


Check out Julian palming that bottle...you should see him with a basketball!


Contrary to popular belief, Jon and Eddie Munster do not share a hairdresser.


His ears are NOT this big, it is the hoody pushing them forward. Really. No, really.







Julian loves his kitty soooo much. Can you believe she puts up with this?

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

What a cutie!!! He and Ruby are suffering the runny nose thing toether. Hope he's over it soon. Rice - what a weird allergy. Poor Guy and poor your guys. That'd be a tough one to deal with.

Kerri and Ruby

nicaudfamily said...

How funny,my older son was also allergic to rice,got the rash all over also. We waited a few months and tried it again and he was fine. Fast foward 9 years we have rice atleast twicw a week and he is still fine. No rash,allergies,ect..
Julian is as cute as can be!!
I hope your move goes smoothly.
Have a great week!!
Jodi

Anonymous said...

He is SO cute with the kitty!

Good luck with the BIG move and glad everything worked out with the job. It is so nice that you both get to spend time with Julian.

I contacted the company I sent you something from and they said it was sent back for an unknown address. Oh well! Sorry about that. It was summer stuff, so I don't think you could use it now since you don't live in an all year round warm climate.

We have some goodies for you from Hawaii, but I don't know if I will make it to the post office and it will get to you before the "big reveal." It is coming though. We did not forget about you!

Have a great day!

Love,
Your SBP