He sobbed for 10 minutes yesterday after I put the vacuum away, and we'd already been using it for 45 minutes. He was enjoying it so much that I found stuff that I didn't even know was possible to vacuum. Today we were looking at a magazine and JLEB saw an add for our vacuum and zoomed over to the door of the room where we keep it and started signing vacuum over and over again. Whining and actually crying when I didn't take it out. What is UP with that? Why would anyone love something that loud?
Sigh.
We're starting to work on self-feeding. I know Aileah has been letting Julian use a spoon for a while, but I am way too neurotic to let that that happen after the child is dressed for the day. I realize though, it's gotta happen or he'll still be eating with his hands when he's 35 (no cracks from you, mom.)
Here is JLEB eating his greens mix. Greens mix, by the way, is steamed chard, kale, spinach, and green peas blended up to a slurry. We mix it in, usually with his breakfast cereal, along with berry flavored fish oil. No, really, he loves it, look!



Laura was up visiting again. Julian has really taken to her.

Jon, for some reason, only put on the top of Julian's jammies. Kind of looked like a tux jacket so we snapped a few shots. I have the same pajamas btw, but I promise you wont ever see me in them on this blog.

Last photos are of Julian and me last night when I was on my way out for a few drinks with some girlfriends. The amazing dress was my mom's in the 1970s. Formally first hand evidence of the conspiracy by the fashion industry to make us buy more clothing. The dress is a size 8. I wear a size 2 or even a size 0 in some brands. A size 8 in 1977 is a size 0 now? Where will they go next? Negative sizing? "Do you have that skirt in a minus 6?" Huh? I have friends that are way smaller (I call it 'less curvy') than I am...do they have to shop at the tween department? What if they don't want their belly buttons showing?


cya!
-s
PS I just realized that today Julian has been home for 8 months. It is amazing how it seems like so much less time than that and so much more time than that all at once.



2 comments:
A good friend of mine has a son who was also obsessed with the vacuum when he was little. He kept it by him at home at all times.
Kerri and Ruby
I wish my son liked the vacuum. He used to cry something fierce now either crawls up on the couch or runs out of the room. Then he keeps asking me if I am all done yet. The fear extends to the Dustbuster too! It amazes me since his first 6 months he lived near to the airport in GC and I practically dove under the bed when the planes were landing!
Post a Comment