


He is still wheezing a bit so we're continuing to do albuterol treatments every 4 hours. My fingers are crossed that this is an isolated incident and not a new state of affairs around here.
My sister and brother-in-law are visiting for the weekend and Julian was hugging and cuddling with my sister within minutes. It is amazing...we've had this with our cats for our entire lives, that my cat took to Sharon and her cats have taken to me. I was still shocked to see it with Julian. Is it our looks? Our voices? Or just our general energy and vibe?

Zinnia and Steph stopped by to say hi on their way home.


It looks like they'll be back with greater frequency in the near future because they rented a place here so they can get some more city time in addition to their country time. Ooh, remember Country Time? We used to eat the powder straight out of the can at summer camp. I wonder if they still make that?
Anyway, life is on its way back to normal, whatever that means.
Here are a few more photos from today.
Julian eating his salmon dipped in berry flavored fish oil. Mmmmm.

And on that note, I forgot to mention when we were in the hospital, the floor secretary noted J's food allergies (rice, corn, soy and dairy to start) and brought us to the food closet to show us what options there were. I told her I stopped home to get food for him so not to worry about it, and she asked what he eats as a rule. After explaining to her open mouthed awe that he eats cereal and greens or eggs for breakfast, sauteed veggies and chicken or fish most other meals, and fruit for snacks, she proceeded to tell anyone we passed, "you wouldn't believe what this lady feeds her baby...tell 'em!, tell 'em!" I felt like a circus freak. Why is it so weird to feed your child actual food?
Here's a pic of Julian watching his signing video, which he loves.

Please note the close-up below of his slack jaw and glazed look.

This is why so far, no TV- only this signing video. I'm sure one day we'll cave with some classics like Plaza Sesamo and The Jungle Book. For now though, it's only the signing video (Lori talked me into it) and as he is indeed learning the signs, I'm ok with it, mostly.
As for this last shot, I hope that we can count on Kyle and G to teach Julian to skateboard and surf, because we have no idea, and from the look on his face after he turned over the tray to his high chair and started to ride, I suspect it will be in his future.

Thanks again for all the calls and notes about Julian. I appreciate your thoughts and love.



6 comments:
So glad Julian is doing better! He looks SO cute and like he is feeling back to his own self again. I can see why you wouldn't like him watching tv.
Good for you for getting him to eat "real" food! Mia loves fruit, peas, chicken, but her favorite is crap food like french fries. She only gets the crap food at restaurants!
Glad he is feeling better. What an ordeal. It is so scary when your child is that sick. YOu feel so helpless.
Just checking in to say hi and see how you were doing. We have been busy and out of touch on blogs recently.
Hope things are back to "normal."
And, just to let you know, Savannah eats all veggies, mushrooms, hummus, avocado, and salad. Those are about her staples. Have not tried too much fish yet, waiting until she is two.
Glad Julian is feeling better, what a cutie! Love your menu, we are very balanced as well. So many of my friends are always asking, have you given him candy or cookies? WHAT? Do I have to?
Oh, and just to let you know, here in Cincinnati we have Country Time. Yummy! I usually add water...hee hee
Laura, with DS from Guatemala too!
I am so glad he is feeling better. Nothing worse then a sick little one.
I think it's fantastic that he eats regular food.
The picture of him watching his signing video made me smile. He is sooo in to it!
I'm soooo glad Julian if seeling so much better!!! I think that's what I look like sitting here reading these blogs. :)
So happy he's feeling better!! I love those pictures. He's so precious. The top one is my favorite. He's picture perfect!
Post a Comment