
It's Sunday eve and I'm wiped out. It's been a very long week. My 16 year old kitty is in heart failure (on her last leg I'm afraid), I had to hire 2 new people for my front desk, I've been diagnosed with severe anemia (completely out of breath walking across the house with Julian in my arms) and the baby is getting another tooth (#7) which is of course accompanied by a fever. The only up side of all of this is that I get to eat red meat every day without feeling guilty- don't fret though, it's organic.
So amidst all of this, one of my best friends from medical school just came up from SoCal for the weekend with her 6 y/o and 8 y/o boys. Holy tornado! I have no idea how she does it, these kids have boundless energy- it's remarkable. Julian was madly in love especially with the older boy- they would walk around holding hands. Too cute. I hope she has some pics on her camera...Jac?
Also this week (told you it was busy) we went to visit a Spanish immersion school as we are looking for care for J on the days our nanny isn't here. It goes to 3rd grade so we would be able to transition him into more days as he gets older. We loved the school, it was fabulous. Unfortunately it is 20 min from our home without traffic. It took us an hour to get back from our visit at rush hour. The drive not only seems like a headache, but ideologically the commute is problematic for us from an environmental perspective. But on the other hand, there are only a few immersion programs for little ones here and this is supposed to be the best. We are so committed to having J learn Spanish- we feel it is our responsibility, actually. We are very, very torn.
Some photos:
Visiting the school.

Hillary, as you can see, this is not a swim cap but his post bath cap. Cotton, not rubber. Keeps his little head warm in our drafty house.

A little mama love.

And finally, Julian got a doll from my mom.


He carries him around the house and would sleep with him too but it's too distracting so we don't let him do it.
I'm heading off to bed early tonight. Ta.



3 comments:
Hope things settle down soon - with work and your health.
Julian is a doll! Hope the teething is done soon.
Kerri and Ruby
Man, I need a nap just reading that post! The little man continues to grow cuter daily!
What a cutie! Love the doll. Mia loves her dollies too. I hope you start feeling better and things slow down for you. Good luck with your choice on the Spanish immersion school.
Post a Comment