Thanks everyone for your emails, calls, posts and good wishes.
The surgery was a bit more extensive than they anticipated. I'm working on a joke that starts "my fibroid was so big it had its own fibroid..." which it actually did. Also had a bunch of other stuff going on that had to be attended to as well. I was able to keep my ovaries and have been in very little pain, oddly enough, until today. The first few days at the hospital I was on narcotic pain killer which made me itch like mad. Since I've been home only Advil- until today when I caved and took a vicodin. I've probably got another 30 minutes before I actually fall asleep from the drugs.
Sister Sharon has been here helping with the babe. No idea what we would have done without her. My mom gave us the great gift of a personal chef who made 6 meals with 4 "portions" each. I asked her to err on the side of larger portions and oh MY did she. Each portion would feed me for a week at least. Tonight Sharon leaves and my mother arrives for 5 days then Jon's brother comes back for a few weeks to do the lifting and cooking and cleaning. They are anticipating 3-4 weeks before I can pick up Julian again or do any housework at all. I have 2 weeks before I go back to work. I am hoping I can make it in for a few hours at a time next week though. We'll see.
No photos as I'm in bed and it seems no one else in the house knows how to use a camera.
I'll post again in a few days with an update.
5.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So glad to see that you are getting lots and lots of help and healing. I really hope you heal faster than anticipated and get to lift sooner.
Many, Many healing hugs coming your way.
Happy to hear you're recovering well.
Kerri and Ruby
Post a Comment