6.29.2008

Negligent negligent blogger.



I know not 3 months ago I made a commitment to update every weekend. I've been remiss. I am recommitting. Really. I'll get back to Sunday posting, even if it's just a photo or two. Now that said, if y'all might comment a bit more I might actually think people are still reading (shameless prod.)


Jon's folks are visiting this week, it's been great, but it sure does wear me out trying to be smart, cute and funny all the time. Not to mention how tiring it is to keep the filter between my brain and my mouth functional for such long stretches. No one is requiring any of this, mind you, but I seem to feel the necessity nonetheless. As the years pass though I think that they understand my ways, and I theirs a little bit better. I imagine I must be a bit of a handful for anyone else's parents (ok, and perhaps my own.)

OK on to Julian. He is talking so much, but oddly enough he has started combining words that he didn't use to combine. "Momook" is 'mommy work', "dadook" is 'daddy work', "mahook" is 'mommy book', you get the picture. He also is starting to issue directives to people including "sit," "stand," "nap," "eat," and today while we were playing "hoobaw" (football) he told Jon and me to "stop talking." Um...no.

Outside is the new inside and Julian will sob if we don't bring him outside for just about everything. We have a rule that he must be sitting to eat and yesterday he wanted to eat outside and when I told him he had to sit down he sat on a flattened cardboard box on the deck, shoved a handful of spinach in his mouth and used his feet to spin himself around in circles while sitting on his butt. He was actually sitting, so what could I say??

Now for photos:

We got this book called "stuff on my cat" which cracked us up so much that Jon decided to start our own "stuff on my cat" series. I've tried a few things but it only works when she's sleeping. Believe it or not it actually pisses her off when we put stuff on her when she's awake (but not when Julian sits on her, go figure.)


I'm not sure why Julian's bike seat was in the living room.


There was one of those moments of silence this morning that make any parent go "uh oh." Walked into the dining room and saw this-
snug as a bug in a rug! (Ok I didn't come up with that one.)


Tank top weather, finally.


Finally.

1 comment:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Stuff on your cat...hilariouos. I am going to have to check that out!

I know what you mean about trying to curb what you say. I can be pretty opinionated!

Julian is adorable using the rug as a blanket.