7.20.2008

Dang thee Pookie M......

I have been fortunate enough to have good experiences with Craig's List thus far. Well, that ended this weekend. As a firm believer in the "jinx" I think it is because I was reading a post on Michelle Smile's blog about what a crappy experience she had buying a dresser on Craig's List and I thought to myself, 'Wow, I've only had pretty good experiences.' Ha!

Jon & I have had our eye on this particular kids chair for the dining table (the Stokke Tripp Trapp for those who know it) and I was sooo excited to see it listed on Craig's List not only for half the price of a new one, but in our first choice of cherry finish. I emailed and asked the woman (Pookie) if she'd hold it because I didn't want to drive out that far if she had already sold it because my son had strep and wasn't feeling well. She emailed back that I could come and get it right then, but I couldn't actually download that email so I called the number she posted. No problem she said, no need to come that night, she'd hold it until I got there, even to the following day if necessary, she just doesn't prefer to hold things because she worries people won't show up. Oh and just bring cash as people always bring checks and she only takes cash. I told her I'd be there in the morning. I was so happy I even did a wiggle dance.

So it's the morning after a very bad night's sleep for me, Julian is fussy and still sick. I get in the car, drive 20 min to her giant cookie cutter house, walk up and introduce myself. She says "I'm sorry." Note there was not a drop of emotion in this statement. I was very confused. "Excuse me?" I query. And she says "I didn't know if you were coming, I sold it to someone who got here earlier."

WHAT?

"They got here at 8:30, and they bought the expensive stroller."

SO?

I was shocked. After mumbling something about that not being in integrity & that I told her my baby was sick and it was a very long drive for me, I held back my tears and got back in my car to drive home. Now anyone who knows me knows that I don't really care that much about the chair, I can buy the thing new. But I have this defective mind that thinks that things should be fair, and when things aren't fair I get upset. Yes, I know this is idealistic and I know it has caused, causes, and will continue to cause me a great deal of difficulty in life, but I just can't help it.

Anyway, I spent the next 4 hours after arriving home ruminating about all the things I should have said. Perhaps some day Pookie will google her name and find this post. So Pookie, if you are reading this, I hope that you feel badly for being so lame.

Here is what I wish I had said...

What the !%^* is wrong with you? You just did the very thing to me that you didn't want someone to do to you. Have you noticed that your kids are right here in the driveway? Is this really what you want to teach them? To make a commitment then bail just because you feel like it? How would you like it if someone did this to you? You. Suck.

Dang thee Pookie M.....!

3 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

I am so sorry, but what did you expect from someone named Pookie? Seriously, who says, I am naming my duaghter Pookie, or if it is nickname who says, "my name is Susan, but call me Pookie." Can you tell I can't get past the name? I am sorry you aren't getting your table that would ruin my day and even my week. You are right Pookie should have kept her deal and who cares if the other person bought the stroller, you wanted the table she sucks and I google my name all the time I hope she does too.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am the SAME WAY! It isn't so much about the "stuff" but the principle of it! I am sorry you ran into someone like this on such a crappy morning at that!!! {{{BIG HUGS}}}}

Tricia said...

Okay, just had to throw in my two cents here....

POOKIE - you totally suck!!!

Ahhhhh, I feel much better now!