2.28.2009

Did I say "sick"? I meant SICK.

Tuesday I got sick. Thursday I went to the doctor. The flu swab was negative and I was relieved... for about 24 hours. My fever was still up around 101 (even on Advil) on Friday afternoon and I decided to order myself a chest x-ray 'just in case'. They were able to squeeze me in before they closed for the night.

Sure enough I have f*ing double pneumonia. My mom was still on the West Coast at my sister's in SF and she got on a plane and flew up here to help Jon. I am on strict orders to rest, with no work for another week. I was terrified that Julian would get sick, and I am in constant motion doing stuff at home so I actually checked into a hotel for a few days. It would be like an awesome vacation except for the pain in my chest, splitting headache, constant coughing and fever.

I'm spending my time reading, watching TV, and just plain thinking. Thinking about what is really going on that I would get this sick. Gonna need to be makin' some changes.

I'll ask Jon to gather some good J stories this week and I'll try to post. Don't count your chickens though- I'm busy resting.

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Sorry!!! Hope you're better soon. Glad you were able to get away to rest.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry you're so sick! Good idea about the hotel. Too bad you can't enjoy it. I loved the pics of Julian w/ the box!

Julie P said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I keep thinking of you alone in a hotel room feeling yucky.

Scott said...

Samantha -

The three boys here in Indiana sure hope you feel better! Always enjoy your blog - except now finding that you are not well. Hang tough.....

Positive thoughts your way!

Scott, Rodney and Lucas