2.17.2009

That Darn Flip

I have almost no photos since the last post. We keep grabbing the video instead of the camera. Turns out though that it takes a loooong time to upload the video so we may just pull that camera out more often. Here's an elephant march for y'all- it's a bit long but i can't figure out how to cut it yet, and the end is kind of cute (background: Edge is the name of our cat that we had to put down last year, Ellwyn is our living cat). Note the timing on the start of his marching...he's got it all dialed in.




We've started a new construction project at the house. We decided to put a bathroom in the basement and to sheet rock the concrete walls so it is a bit warmer and more comfy down there. We partially finished it a few years back and put down carpet tile to make a playroom.

Anyway, the contractors jack hammered out some foundation to find that we had a sewage pipe with a large hole that was LEAKING SHIT WATER INTO THE DIRT under the house. Ick ick ick! Oh, did I say ICK? We also found mold under all of the carpet tile. Also ick. It's going to add a pretty penny to the project to refinish all of the floors down there, but I'm glad to know we are getting it taken care of. A playroom with mold is potentially quite problematic for a boy with asthma.

So let's see, what else. Uncle Doug visited last weekend, my mom is coming this weekend, then a week break, then my sister is coming for a weekend, then about 3 weeks after that, Jon's folks. My dad wants to squeeze a trip in somewhere too...I'm tired just thinking about it. Good thing we love company around here!

When my mom is here this weekend she'll take care of Julian while Jon and I go to a fundraiser for an organization called Our House, a residential AIDS facility that Jon was lead architect for a few years back. The theme is Mardi Gras, and it is semi-formal. If anyone has outfit ideas, please let me know. My mother thought a thong and a mask might do it but we both decided that's not quite my style.

xo
-s

PS Do you think the (body text) font on this new layout is too small? Feedback, pleeze.

5 comments:

Tam said...

OMG, I'm sorry, but I totally laughed out loud (seriously) at you "shit water" comment!

Tam said...

I forgot to tell you that if you upload your Flip video to YouTube first and then put it on your blog, it's a whole lot faster than uploading through Blogger.

Valerie said...

Wow! You guys are sure busy with all the company! Sorry about the basement, at least now it will be all nice and healthy when it's finished!
I think the font in the heading looks just fine.
Maybe you should add a sparklie top with tassles along with your mask and thong!

Telissa said...

you guys are too much!! btw - clients always have the last word and will almost always add their final touch!! oh, well!! too funny!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

that sucks about the poopy water under your house. YUCK!!! At least it didn't start coming up drains or anything.

I haven't been taking many pics either....bad mama!

Have fun with all your company - that would just stress me out : )