
OK I'm still sick. Took another trip to the ER (this time via ambulance) on Thursday because I had a spasm of my upper airway (called a laryngospasm) that greatly reduced my ability to get air in or out. It resolved pretty swiftly but the paramedics thought I should be checked out/monitored for a little while.
One of our friends is an OB resident at the hospital so she came down to make sure they were taking good care of me. Then her fiancé sat with me from 9pm-1:30am, and drove me home when I was released (since Jon was obviously home with Jules.) Thank you Eric and Laura!
No one is 100% sure why it happened but my voice had completely gone as of Thursday afternoon and was gone until this morning. The thought is that I was already inflamed and irritated and that some mucus (sorry mom) just got stuck and caused the spasm.
In any case it hasn't happened again, my voice is starting to come back, and I am feeling ever so slightly better (if 1 is horrible and 10 is great, I've been at a 3-4 and now could say I'm at a solid 5) albeit nowhere near normal. The coughing now comes in fits instead of all the time. My sinuses are much less painful. My fever is down to about 99. The muscles between my ribs are starting to relax a little bit.
I think that's all good!!
Julian is a trouper. He asks me every time he sees me if I'm better. I tell him soon, baby, soon.
There are lots of fun day to day things that Jon and Julian are up to...zoo, birthday parties, parks, the science museum (Jon is trying to keep Julian busy so I can rest) but I have no stories as I'm sadly missing it all. The good news though is that this too shall pass and we'll all find this to be a distant memory before we know it.
I have to say that I can't wait to post something a bit more uplifting.
Thanks to everyone sending love, and everyone offering help around here.
A few pics...
Julian took this. I LOVE the composition.

I accidentally erased the front shot of this. Jon was bummed.

I'll keep you posted.
xo
s



4 comments:
Keep on feeling better. Warm days and lots of fun are ahead for you and the boys.
Many hugs and healing thoughts coming your way!!!
You are going to be bionic once this is through!
Sending you all our love~
Kathleen
You poor thing....r you staying in bed? I hope you are feeling tons better by now. I can't imagine being sick for so long you poor thing. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment