1.04.2008

No photos...want to know why?

Well...my mac is, um, on a hiatus. I'll spare you the gory details but suffice it to say that the SOS-APPLE guys can't help. We have an in-store appt on Sunday. I know that we have backup of all of our photos and music, but it's been a while since I tested my backup so we're on pins and needles here waiting to find out if we have lost anything important. Until it's handled, no photos for all y'all. Sorry.

Then yesterday, using Jon's laptop at home the "y" key was jiggling and as I tried to fix it, it came flying off. Jon and I collectively spent over an hour trying to get the tiny tiny pieces to fit together. No go. So as I type every time there is a "y" I have to stop touch typing and line up the little rubber thingie on top of the key to get it to work. Still looking for someone willing to help us get the fricking thing back on.

OK...not so bad. This morning I went to work to find that the patient who I added onto my schedule NY eve, who took over an hour and a half instead of an hour, who spent the entire visit arguing with every suggestion I made, gave us a bad check. I was not happy.

Then this afternoon I went for a car seat safety check as we are switching baby cakes from back to front facing. The woman didn't have me on the schedule and I was told to wait and she'd be there in 10-15 minutes tops. After going up and down the stairs about 30 times and touching everything in their office, and playing on the couch, and 45 minutes went by, we finally left.

On the way home I decided to stop at the bank to deposit some checks from work. Loaded the baby up in my arms, balancing my purse and wallet and keys, I put the first envelope in and it SUCKED IN another envelope without any keyed info. I yelped and everyone in the bank turned around to look at me. I have no idea how many checks were in there or how much it was for, and it will land in the pile of envelopes inside the bank machine with no markings.

We'll assume someone will figure it out when they open it up and see checks written to me and stamped, but I had to spend 30 min at the bank making a game plan for the branch to handle it all. This included a diaper change on the bank manager's desk (he thought the floor would be "too dirty" and it didn't seem worth explaining that the child spends most of his time on the floor...)

To top it all off I spent the next hour and a half at home with Julian where I said no less than 50 times, "please don't touch the kitty's anus."

Jon thinks I'm getting all the minor difficulties of 2008 out of the way this week. I'll go with that...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a day! Please don't touch the kitty's anus! too funny! We have 7 cats so I say, "please don't suck on the cat's tail, please don't pull the cat's tail, please don't stick your finger on the cat's anus, please don't hit the cat...." you get the point.

Hope 2008 gets better for you!

Jacqueline Jacques, ND said...

Ya' know I came to your blog yesterday because no matter how bad my day is, pics of Julian always cheer me up and make me smile...and what do I get? I mean, seriously, how can I possibly rely on you for vicarious happiness if you are going to have days like this!

Although somehow I am suddenly glad I don't have cats anymore...

Jac