2.15.2008

Back in the saddle.

Whew, found the cord. It was at the bottom of my 'to be filed' drawer. Could have been ages before it turned up were it not for my frenzied filing fit this afternoon. No idea how it got there, but I suppose I have better things to wonder about.

This post will be a quick update and some photos. I'm sure y'all will live without too many details about the last few weeks...

So, Superbowl Sunday Jon took Julian to Kyle, Pam, and Shay's house. Julian had his first experience with the TV since coming home from Guatemala. I arrived with 5 min left in the game (was at work all day) to see Julian standing 4 feet from the TV, fist in the air, yelling at the top of his lungs. Oh how I wish I had a photo of that!

But I do have a photo of the other evening highlight...Julian's first spare rib. I was feeding him little bites but they were a bit spicy (courtesy of Matt) so I was being a bit tentative. Well, the captain would have none of that! He ripped the fricking thing out of my hand and gnawed every last bit off of that bone. Then he had 2 more. That's my boy, all about the meat!





Things have been absolutely lovely with Stephanie and Zinnia visiting for the last week. Julian loves having the baby around, and although I don't think Elwynn particularly cares for her, she is clearly relieved to have a break from Julian's attention for a while.

Julian of course wants to be in my lap if I am holding the baby.



And he fancies himself a helper...pulling the binkie in and out of her mouth.





He looks like such a big boy with daddy's backpack.



I keep telling him that it is very hard to make a top go with his mouth.



We got a new cabinet and Julian likes to climb into it. I set an unfortunate precedent by getting in there with him earlier this week. Jon was able to squeeze in, but just barely. The kid's gonna be pissed when I put my stuff in there this weekend and we put the cabinet locks on.



And yet another example of Julian not being influenced by gender role expectations (like his dad). Pink vacuum? No problem! A loaner from Shay, and by far his favorite toy right now.



I just love this shot. My boy is flipping gorgeous if I do say so myself...



-S

1 comment:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Good thing you decided to file today!

Great pictures! He IS so flippin cute!

First time with tv!?! You are a better person than me. I always said I woundn't let Mia watch tv, but who am I kidding!