
Brief report on what's goin' on around here.
1. Julian is starting to talk up a storm. Stringing 3 words together is commonplace. The first time he did it in front of me he said "outside man beard." Too long to explain but trust me, it made perfect sense.
2. We went to the first of 2 summer picnics in town for families that have adopted from Guatemala. The shots from the picnic weren't very good but this is what happened the moment Julian and I got in the car. Or I should say the moment that Jon and I swapped cars and I got in with Julian because I got mine stuck in a freaking ditch?

3. I had a horrible mom moment yesterday. We were all outside and I was sweeping the deck. Julian reached out for my hand to go down the stairs (he wanted me to go with him, he wasn't asking for help.) But then he turned around and fell down the last 3 steps to land on a paver. Nice. Real nice. And no, I won't post a photo of the (minor) damage.
4. Jon's folks wanted to get some posed photos with Julian when they were visiting. There may be 22 month olds that want to sit and pose for a photo but mine isn't one of them. I think the candids are sooo much nicer anyway. How sweet is this?

5. It is my humble opinion that in one's own home it is acceptable to pass gas if necessary. The other day I did so and Julian pinched his nose and said "P.U.!" He then looked at me and to add insult to injury signed "eggs." Nice. At least he does the same thing when he lays one himself. "P.U.!"

6. It's been hot hot hot. Lots of time naked in our (private) back yard. Julian that is. We don't go naked. Or at least I don't. Can't vouch for Jon when I'm not here.


This photo is amazing when it is larger. The sun hitting the water from the sprinkler.

7. I saw this beautiful handmade wood and metal xylophone the other day at the Waldorf store. The sound was absolutely amazing. Hand made in Germany. $80. Seriously.
Hey, maybe the flip side of this gasoline conundrum will be that petroleum based plastics will end up getting so expensive that it will increase the demand for quality wooden toys and they will become more affordable?! This xylophone was a gift to Julian when I was laid up after my surgery. He loves it. But I bet he would have loved the wooden one more.

8. Art shot of Elwynn. Jon took it. I think the colors and the composition are pretty cool. Not sure if it will read on the blog though.

Ta.



3 comments:
Love that Julian told you that you had stinky egg gas! Jenny taught Mia to laught when she passes gas so now EVERY TIME she passes gas she looks at us and laughs...I think it's too cute! Maybe other's will disagree : )
I bet John does run around naked have you asked him?!?
Cutie as always!
And it would be lovely if plastic toys got more expensive and wooden ones became a little less so.
Sabrina just thinks that people having gas is hysterical.
She has been talking a lot more lately as well. She has started putting 2 words together which is new. She is learning new words and I am often left wondering where she gets them. Yesterday, she rubbed my stomach and said "baby" which she has been doing for awhile now but then poked my chest and said "boob". No idea where that one came from! LOL
LOVE the picture of his foot on the sprinkler!!!!!!!!! Kemry thinks her "toots" are absolutely hilarious. She will force the biggest laugh out if no one else is laughing (being the youngest of 5, someone is usually snickering) until someone laughs even if its just at her faking a big laugh. LOL She's soooo far from talking like Julian though!
Post a Comment