
Kerri tagged me. It's the Gratitude Tag.
Here are the rules: Name 10 things your are grateful for and then tag 5 people.
I am grateful for:
1. Getting Julian home before things started getting really gnarly with the adoption process in Guatemala.
2. My sweet, supportive, and overall fabulous husband. Even after almost 10 years I am still in awe that I ended up with him. Seriously, I lucked out big time.
3. My family and their sense of humor, and the gift of laughing until I cry (or pee) when I'm with them.
4. My friends. After a very sad and odd falling out with a friend this year I took the opportunity to assess what is important to me in a friendship. The end result is that I've reached out to put more energy into the relationships that are important to me, and I've let go some that simply weren't healthy. I'm very thankful this year for true friendship and the heart opening that comes with it.
5. My staff at ENHC. Thanks ladies, you rock.
6. Green tea shakes. Yummm...
7. The return to sanity. I was almost embarrassed to say I was American when I was in Guatemala because I disagreed so profoundly with my government's policies over the last 8 years. I'm beyond grateful that the tide is changing.
8. My health.
9. Books.
10. Blogging. What a great way to connect with other Guatemamas and a fun creative outlet to boot.
I'm tagging 4 friends- not 5, just 'cause.
Gwen
Artsweet
Ruthie
Jen
OK now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Julian had his first few day in undies last week. We went and picked some out together, talked about how big guys wear undies and go in the potty. He was so excited. Day 1 was great! One accident only, and it was the wet kind. :) Then day 2 Jon put him in his superhero undies instead of the boxer briefs. They were uncomfortable for Julian and he insisted on a diaper. When I woke up the first thing he said to me was "Mine no like undies." Sigh. We'll try again next week.

Julian loves being just like the kitty. And yes, we do pick and choose our battles at the dinner table.





Thing.

And check out the packed in board...

Doug and Rachel are here for Txgiving and we're putting the last flourishes on dinner so I'm off. More later!



5 comments:
Hope the undies recaptured his attention and you are diaper free now!
Sabrina eats like the dog sometimes too. LOL I try to discourage it simply because her hair ends up in her food and then we have to wash it which leads to drama...but I don't get too uptight about it. If she is eating, I'm not going to argue.
What a great Gratitude Tag list! I'll come up with a list for my blog. I'll try to join FFF, too. Great idea! I love all the pics, Julian just gets cuter and cuter. I so enjoy keeping up w/ you all through your blog. BTW, I was just thinking tonight that some people might freak out over what I let Daniel do at the dinner table. But I figure if he wants to drink the milk out of his cereal bowl, so what? I've got bigger battles to fight!
Great Gratitude Tag list! I'll come up with one for my blog. I'll try to join FFF, too. Love the pics, Julian just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I so enjoy keeping up w/ you all through this blog. BTW, I was just thinking tonight that some people would freak out if they saw what I let Daniel do at the dinner table. But I figure if he wants to drink the milk out of his cereal bowl, so what? I've got bigger battles to fight!
Bug did not like his undies either- the tags scratched him. We had to cut all the tags out before he would wear them
Love to you,
Deb
Very cute and awesome on the potty training. We are starting for the new year. That is my resolution and I hope Savannah's too.
We have a black and white kitty too! Savannah calls him Gigi, but his name is Fudgie.
I gave you a blog award, so check my blog!
Post a Comment