The spring has sprung here which is such a welcome relief from the months of dreary drizzle. Julian wants to eat all of our meals on the deck so we're in permanent picnic mode. It's pretty fun, I have to say.

We were walking to the coop the other day and Julian picked up a fluffy dandilion and started to blow on it. I asked "who taught you that?" Jon asked "did Heidi show you that?" (Heidi is our daycare provider.) Julian was concentrating on blowing all the fluff off and he responded "No, Barak Obama showed me." Lucky boy!
He's talking up a storm but still not getting the "tr" sound. It's more of a "fr" sound, which makes us giggle when he points out a truck to us.
Potty "training" is in full swing. I put training in quotes because Jon is anti-reward when it comes to most things, including this, so we are not exactly training. We waited until Julian was good and ready. He is in undies all day at home and has only had a few accidents so far. We're far from napping and sleeping in undies but close to heading out and about in them. Both school and daycare are on board so here we go! We probably spend almost $150 a month on diapers because we go with the flushable/biodegradable g-diapers so I won't be too bummed when he's out.
J helped me clean the windows. He looked up at me and said "I'm working really hard."

All the dishes were dirty so I gave Julian milk in a measuring cup. Is that inappropriate?

Which is real and which is Melissa and Doug (is the bite out of one a sure giveaway)?

And finally some photos of 'the farm' where we go to see the 'egg lady' and get fresh eggs. We spent a lovely 45 minutes getting shown around the farm, looking at the animals, and hearing te scoop about the goats (raised for meat) and the chickens (egg chickens except for the guy who comes every few weeks and picks out a few that he brings home then sells out of his garage for dinner) and the emu. We saw the stinky male goat pee on himself, and we saw the 'egg lady' inspect the orange slimy newborn goat poop very closely. I was very gracious and smiled sweetly, and as we pulled away I looked Jon and with that same sweet smile told him he couldn't pay me enough to ever, ever get out of the car there again. So much for the fantasy of retiring on a farm...it's city mouse all the way for me.




5 comments:
Hope Julian is feeling better! Love all the pictures!!
ROFL about your farm trip!! Little man looked like he loved the goat though!
Logan has asthma and has been on singulair since he was 8 months old (he's four now) and has had no problems or side effects with it.
Hope Julian is feeling better soon, it's no fun when your child is sick.
Where is this dirty farm you speak of? I was just looking for some farm fresh eggs.
cute pics by the way!
what farm is that? lol.
Post a Comment