
It is hard to believe that we've only been home a week and a half. I'm just getting over a bad chest cold, which included a trip for me to the ER on Saturday morning for a benadryl shot and some steroids to treat a nasty allergic reaction to an antibiotic. I've been in a daze since then because I have to take 2 benadryl every 6 hours or the hives start up all over again. Lucky me the antibiotic is specifically designed to stay in your body for a week after you're done taking it. Maybe this is so I can sympathize with my baby's itchy eczema face...
Other than that minor blip, things are starting to settle down a bit. We're still trying to figure out the little details, and Julian's schedule. We are working hard on attachment games and techniques to make sure his transition to us is smooth, and stable. On Saturday we take him to the pediatrician at OHSU that specializes in international adoption. Hopefully she'll be able to give us some feedback regarding his progress in this area, and an idea about how soon we can allow others to hold the baby and participate in his care.

We're encouraging Julian to spend more time on his tummy. He hates it

He loves the Johnny Jump-up. Thanks Laura!

Tired and covered in lunch.

Anita brought Charlie over to visit. Boys in stripes and overalls, too cute.

Happy naked baby!



No comments:
Post a Comment