5.10.2007

Part-ay.

Here is how last night went...
We are on our way to dinner.
Jon: "Do we have Julian's paperwork?"
Sam: "No, why don't you go back and get it, it's in the plastic folder in my backpack."
Jon: "OK"
Sam waits on the street. 20 min later Jon comes back.
Jon: "I can't find it."
Sam: "What do you mean?"
Jon: "I can't find the folder."
So, we go to dinner with an old tattered photocopy of Julian's papers. No big deal. Jon isn't always the best at finding things.

Morning comes and we're headed out again so I decide to find the folder that Jon couldn't find. Um, nowhere. We try to remember what was in this missing folder- nothing, thankfully that we need to get the baby and us out of the country BUT it does contain Julian's certified passport copy, all of his medical information, and serioiusly folks, a copy of our 2005 TAX RETURN.

Called the embassy lost and found, not there. Called the hotel, not there. Called the attorney to check the car we travelled in, not there.
Cut to the next 4 hours of trying to get the 3 credit agencies notified that we have lost all of our identifying information. Hello, Sam in a dither.

Well...the story has a happy ending. When the lawyer's assistant went to pick up our visa for Julian they had the folder at the window- it had been left there at our appointment yesterday. I am seriously the most cautious, neurotic person about paperwork etc. What the...?!

So I was able to relax for the afternoon, the nausea has passed (please note I am still having heart palpitations) and we attended Miss Maria's 3rd birthday party in the back yard. The biggest pinata I have ever seen was smashed to bits by a group of super cute 3-5 year olds.

And tomorrow we pack.



that IS a big, red, dog


hope clifford did his business already (sorry, couldn't resist)


rachel took it home


whew, that was a lot of work!

No comments: