The route is very curvy, and the drivers here, fearless. And to top it off, no car seats. There were children playing on the side of the highway, buses seriously on 2 wheels teeming around the corners, and diesel exhaust in plumes coming out of pick up trucks that outdate me by a decade. When we finally got to the city I felt like I had just gotten off of a rollercoaster. And for the record, I hate rollercoasters.
After we dropped the other passengers at the Marriot, we stopped for Julian's visa photos at a little photo shop. It is just a block from the embassy so they do mostly visa photos.
Then off to the doctor's office. We met Juilan's foster mother at Burger King and went upstairs (doctor's office was on 3rd floor of a mall.) It must have been so hard for her to see him again, she was in tears. I can't imagine doing her job...Julian is the 19th baby she is raising for an adoptive famiy. The other little boy she has been caring for with Julian is also going home this week. She already has a baby girl named Camilla to care for. I'm not sure this makes it any easier to say goodbye.
We were seen by the nurse for stats. The doctor was quick, and kind. Julian laughed and smiled his way through the entire appointment.
In short, the appointment went swimmingly, we got our stamp of approval and headed home.
Julian missed his afternoon nap, so we're in, I'm sure, for a very special evening. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment