7.18.2007

Here are my excuses for not blogging...

1. I went back to work
2. All of the final design decisions about my new office have to be done by this Friday
3. Jon was getting a bit fed up with how much computer time I was logging
4. The Tour de France started and we are addicts
5. Now that Julian is crawling so quickly, if I turn around for a second, he has somehow found yet one more thing to do that could cause permanent injury



6. No one is posting comments (hint hint...)

So, here goes....

Julian has an ear infection which we found incidentally at a check up. The MD suggested (I shit you not...) blue tansy essential oil for him to breathe, and cranio-sacral work by the chiropractor. Good enough! Since there are now studies showing that antibiotics before the first year is up significantly increases incidence of childhood asthma, I'm happy to skip them. He doesn't seem too uncomfortable with it and really, most ear infections will resolve on their own anyway.

Tooth #2 is poking through and the cute gumming my shoulder has now turned into the not so cute biting my shoulder. It is cute, however, when he laughs when I say "ow!" Dangerous precedent, I know, but I just can't help it.

Julian is pulling up and standing everywhere, cruising from object (or person) to object (or person.) He will use just about anything to pull himself up, including Jon's nose.



Steph came to visit for the weekend and it was so great to have her here and finally meet the little mister. It doesn't look like Jules really took to her at all though...



Peek-a-boo is the current favorite and we're loving it.













We've got twice a week music class and once a week swimming class. No danger of getting bored here, I tell you. I'll have Jon bring a camera to classes next week so we can post some snaps.

The next post will go up in the next few days and will be of our little welcome home party we had this weekend for local friends. It was lovely, but I very unfortunately forgot to invite one family who really, really should have been there. Hmmm...somehow I thought by posting that it would make me feel a little less horrid about the oversight, but alas, I'm apparently not going to get off that easily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where o where are the pics from Sunday's baby shower?!?! Love, c$

Anonymous said...

Samantha he is a doll! I totally understand the crawling so fast bit of your post! Kemry is into everything and my older kiddos haven't gotten into the habit yet of keeping things out of her reach (or shutting doors). I just posted on my blog about her being on the go and into everything actually. :) The cute thing is they're so proud of themselves!! OUCH on the biting!!!! I hope your little chomper's ear and gums feel better really soon!!!!!