As I type he is sitting by my feet alternating chomping my toes, trying to get to the outlet, and eating plastic things out of my garbage. Developmentally right on target.
Yesterday we got a large box of clothing from my mom, who is in the process of moving to a house with less (no) storage. Anyway, the box was filled with dozens of fabulous and amazing polyester items from my childhood. We grabbed the pieces that seem unisex enough, and the rest we'll offer to miss Shay, but I'm not so sure 70s poly is her style.


This is Julian clapping with excitement to see that Team Discovery will likely hold 2 podium positions for this year's Tour de France!
Actually, it was the first time we'd let him see the TV on, and I think he thought it was someone talking to him because he's accustomed to the i-chat.
Life wise, it's been a busy few weeks.
We went to another picnic for families with kids adopted from Guatemala. I totally fell for the cutest 4 year old twins (home about 6-9 months?) and their older sister who sing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" as their bedtime song. We were singing it and one of the twins stopped and corrected my lyrics. Toooo cute!

Emma (9), big sister to Manuel (5) who came home in December, was in Julian's constant attendance- see below. We are not so patiently waiting for her to be old enough to babysit, and hope her mom will allow us to be first in line.

Jon's last music class of the season with Julian was this week. I am hoping the insipid songs will get a rest until they start back up in September, but I'm not counting my chickens.
Jon and Julian both made some friends in the class and I think Jon's got an "in" on a play group.


Since the boy seems to like the guitar, I've been trying to play a bit more too. He loves it, but usually he'll grab the strings so I can't really play anything. That's probably ok because the only songs I know on the guitar I learned in college (read: csny, joni mitchell, etc etc) and drive my husband to hide under the couch.

The only other notable news is that we had an opportunity to stop by the adoption agency in Hillsboro (Journeys of the Heart) that facilitated Julian's adoption. It was so great to be able to introduce him to everyone there.

This is Susan and David, they own the agency. Not sure what David and Julian are looking at...


OK i know that's not Julian, but I thought Elwynn could use a shout out as we keep having to throw her outside since she is too "zen" to run away from Julian when he picks her up by her skin, tail, or ears. Ouch. Poor Elwynn.



5 comments:
I love the shorts! It was great seeing you at the picnic. Julian is growing fast.
Ruth (mom to the twins)
www.guatemalansisters.blogspot.com
How funny that you left a comment on my blog. I had just found yours. What a cutie Julian is!
Awww, what a darling her is!
Lisa
http://our-journey-for-sophia.blogspot.com/
I just want to SMOOCH that belly in those 1970s shorts.
MAZEL TOV!!! ten months! wow!
Love your blog and all your comments.
Julian seems so happy. Can't wait to see him again.,
Love yo all! Nana
Post a Comment