10.23.2007

Men will be men...

So Jon comes home from music class with Julian tonight. Meanwhile I am at home slaving away, making cajun catfish dumplings and brown rice for us, kale, broccoli, butternut squash, chard, green beans, and carrots for Julian's food for the week (this includes cutting up some for later steaming, pureeing some in the blender, and packaging several meals...you get the picture.)

Ok, where were we? Right. Jon comes in and I ask how class was...

"Great!" He answered with a sparkle in his eye, "3 big things happened!"
"Did he walk?!" I knew it. Today while changing Julian's 4th diaper of the morning I thought to myself that it would be any day, and it would be for daddy.
"Unh Hunh...but know what else he did?" Before I could guess Jon proclaims with a giant grin, "He smacked the hot mom on the ass!"
My son took his first 3 steps and my husband is aflutter that Julian not only smacked a woman on the ass, but he even picked the hot mom.

Oh, the third thing was that Julian crouched in a squat during class- we've been hoping for this as it shows his balance is good and he won't be as likely to topple over from a standing position once he is walking. Apparently the walking in class today was an accident as Julian was being escorted back to daddy and just happened to let go before he toppled into Jon's arms. Maybe that's why the walking wasn't quite so exciting. The ass smack was premeditated and deliberate.

Sigh...





Jon high fives his very smart and capable son.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Now where's the pic of the hot Mom?