3.01.2008

I love my husband sooooo much.



I have the most fabulous husband in the world. He is sweet, funny, kind, attentive, loving, and supportive under just about every circumstance- and I am no walk in the park to be married to...trust me on that one.

That said, I have 4 fun shares for you today about my dear, sweet husband.

1. The Sponge.

Julian usually eats in his high chair in the kitchen while we cook. It turns out that cleaning thrown, spit, and mutilated food off of the kitchen floor is easier than cleaning it off of the dining room floor (which is cork, and was a perfect material choice for us prior to the addition of the Captain to the family.)

So- the other day I turn around and Jon was wiping Julian's high chair tray with the sponge that we use to clean the counters. He then proceeded to swiftly and briefly wipe the baby's face with it. I very gently said "Jon, it's best not to use the sponge to wipe the baby's face." OK, that's a lie. I actually yelled "Jonathan WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DO NOT WIPE THE BABY'S FACE WITH THAT SPONGE! IT'S FULL OF BACTERIA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I scared the crap out of the baby and Jon just got dead silent. I really didn't mean to yell but c'mon...hasn't everyone read about how nasty kitchen sponges are? They are supposed to often be more bacteria laden than the toilet. I shudder just to think of it. I apologized regardless.

Reenactment with Jon stepping in for Julian as Julian is currently asleep:



2. Driving to the Restaurant.

Last weekend Sharon and Jeff, Jon, Julian and I are going to brunch to meet a group of our friends. Jon is driving with Jeff up front, and the rest of us are in back. Jon gets off of the highway and turns left. "Aren't you going the wrong way?" This time I actually did say it nicely. "Yes," Jon replies snarkily, "I'm going the wrong way." I couldn't see him roll his eyes, but I'm pretty sure he did. I shrug happily and continue playing with the baby. Why happily, you may ask? Because I knew full well Jon was going the wrong way and I knew also I'd get all kinds of mileage out of it. Sure enough a few minutes later Jon asks "Where the hell am I?" Sweet.

3. The Pantry Project.

I've mentioned on the blog before that we have a house rule about projects. Jon can do whatever he wants and if/when he stalls (time frame varies on the project) I can hire someone to wrap it up.

We decided to make a cabinet into a pantry a few weeks ago. Our contractor is very busy and since he didn't have time to do it right now he dropped by a box with a plexiglass template for drilling peg holes and a special drill bit that centers the hole. I told Jon I really didn't want him to do it because I knew something would go wrong and it would turn into some kind of fiasco. Well, go figure, the drill bit broke. Spent the afternoon driving around town looking for a new drill bit. Found it. Cabinet done. And the shelves are only slightly catawampus.





4. The Vacuum Attachment.

I am cleaning the kitchen and Jon says to me "Can I tell you something that will get you mad but that is really funny?" My first answer is "No, I don't think so." He prods "C'mon..."
I know better..."OK" I say.

He proceeds excitedly "Well, today Julian was pointing at the vacuum attachment and I gave it to him, then we were on the computer and I looked down and he was sucking on it, like this!" Jon shows me how the baby was sucking on the vacuum attachment and laughs. I am clearly not amused...and here we go with take 7,492 of my baby safety and health lecture.

Another reenactment:



Ok, enough with the stories...here are a few photos for all y'all.

Julian signing "kitty." He sometimes wakes up and does this first thing (otherwise he will say "book!")



And here are some photos of Jon getting our baby ready for his first bike ride.



I love this photo of Julian post bath time.



Showing off his broccoli.



Not ready for potty training yet (I hate the word "potty" just for the record) but last weekend I got Julian his own toilet so when I have to bring him to the bathroom with me, he can sit on his own seat instead of trying to stuff an entire roll of TP between my legs (yes, that's my little helper!)



I think he likes it!



And in honor of my dad...Julian putting his spork in his nose. Now that is serious business.



-S

2 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Wow the sponge thing seems like something Jenny would do - or maybe she has?!? She gave Mia the dirty dish rag to suck on while she was cleaning up. Yes I yelled a bit and I don't think she will be doing that again!

Love the pics. Julian is SO cute and a little ham!

Anonymous said...

lol Samantha that's so funny!!!! That's something my john would do too (especially the teasing me afterwards). Fast forward to the end of the post where Julian has his fork up his nose. At least it's his own germs, but funny anyway. LOL