5.27.2007

Doctor visit and BaBa



We brought Julian to the pediatrician in Portland that specializes in international adoption ("IA specialist") and she was fabulous. She seemed pretty open about the naturopathic approach we will take, or at least she wasn't negative. I am excited to have found her as she is pretty nearby, and I want Jules to have a team approach for his health care. Turns out he has gained 8 oz in the 2 weeks since he's been home and she encouraged us to continue to "feed on demand" without concern. We are still working on figuring out what is giving him eczema and are looking for donors for breast milk as this will certainly help him (if anyone knows someone who is breastfeeding with surplus, give us a holler, please!)

Grandpa Howie (BaBa for now, as Grandpa is hoping to be greeted by name in the not too distant future) arrived late last night and Julian is enamored with him already. The baby has a particular love of BaBa's glasses...





Lots of laughing today. We all went to a gathering in PDX of a group of parents with kids adopted from Guatemala. 2 couples live within 6 blocks of us and we really liked them both. Very cool.

Then this afternoon Paul and Amy came by with Matilda.
There is only a 3 month difference between the kids and it is amazing how different they are developmentally. It happens so quickly. There are some moments I feel a little sad that we missed so much...


I don't think she's as scared as she looks...



What a day...I'm ready for bed already, but it's only 6pm!

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

Hey Jon, thanks for checking in on us! We are excited to be heading home soon.

Glad things seem to be going well at home with Julian. Congrats to your family!