10.01.2008

Are you kidding me?

Took Julian to the allergist this morning to discuss how it is best to approach the med management part of his asthma. It was a group practice and we took him to the pediatric specialist.

1. We waited over an hour for the doctor to come in.

2. There were NO toys in the waiting room. There were NO toys in the tiny room where they left us for 40 minutes (the nurse finally brought us 2 books...)

3. The doctor said to me "I'm just going to talk to you like you don't know anything." WHY? Are you so cookie cutter that you can't change your speech based on your audience? I know how the lungs work, I know how asthma medication works, I know what allergies are, and yes, my child is getting enough calcium.

4. The doctor kept talking about how NDs really don't approach things correctly with allergies and how he'd like to talk to me about how the testing we use isn't appropriate. Um, HELLO, we've been sitting here for an hour, how about we talk about MY CHILD? When I suggested we focus he said that we could talk about business at our next visit. How about you take me out to freaking LUNCH if you want to discuss it rather than billing Blue Cross.

5. FFS.

We got home after 2 1/2 hours, without even doing the allergy testing and big surprise JLEB was melting down with the nanny- wouldn't leave my side- cried inconsolably. We had some alone time with a bottle and poor bunny finally settled down enough for me to leave.

We've spent the week looking at day cares, making calls, and interviewing nannies as Julian's in home daycare situation is closing. Rachel left today and my dad is coming tonight.

Too. Much. Going. On.

xo!

5 comments:

tugboatannie said...

Sorry honey... what a dickface. oops can I say that on your blog? you should see my old boss, Adrian Varela. You'd love him and his wife Sanjna does the testing- she is quite possibly the friendliest person in the world. NW ENT and Allergy-- 503-513-8693.

love you!!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Some doctors can be such asses! I hate waiting for them like they are SO stinking important and then for him to not do what he was suppose to do what an ass. I am sorry your daycare situation is changing and you have to find someone else. It must be really difficult finding the right place for you sweet Julian. Keep us updated!

Jenna said...

sorry about that experience. how awful. Your little boy is adoreable. Thanks for posting your blog info!

Vanessa said...

You just have to love the I'm the doctor and the one with the degree and you're not attitude!!! Sheesshh!!

Hopefully you can find yourself a good doctor who is understanding soon!! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

sorry about your experience w/the allergist. i posted earlier -- our son also has asthma and i'd love to share experiences if you'd like
fran
fmc8787@yahoo.com