10.12.2008

Obligatory Pumpkin Patch Post



What the hell was I thinking?

Julian gets up from his nap and I pop out with "Hey, let's go to the pumpkin patch!" Jon, who usually sets me straight before I decide to do something this dumb hopped right on board "I was going to take him to a bike show, but great, let's go to the Pumpkin patch!"

He forgot to remind me that we'd sit in traffic to get to the pumpkin patch. He forgot to remind me that the parking lot would be overflowing into the next parking field, which was full of SUVs and license plates from afar. He forgot to remind me that people would be dragging their whining children and hissing under their breath "I am NOT hurting your hand, if you want me to hurt you I WILL," and the ever present "If you're not a good boy you won't get any popcorn." He forgot to remind me that this would not be the pumpkin patch of my childhood but would be the pumpkin patch of urbanites trying desperately to get a small glimpse of the countryside. He forgot to remind me that the animal barn would entail only a few caged animals that were clearly upset with all of the commotion.

So we went.

And it was fun.

Tractor hay ride.


Sad ducks.


The farm machinery climbing area. Do you like the backdrop? Yes, they're port-a-potties.


This guy had his kid by the hand and a giant gourd in the baby carrier


Pre-cut but at least sitting on the ground.


Cute.


And finally Julian found one to bring home...priceless.

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

Glad you survived and came home with a pumpkin too.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Vanessa said...

And to think I want to bring my kids to one of these!!! LOL!! The last photo made the trip worth while I'm sure!!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Well I should let the cat of the bag that was me threatening to take Mia's popcorn away and dragging her around by her arm while she screams at me!
It always amazes me at how little patience people have with their own children and how they treat them when they would never treat a stranger or friend that way! Ok, enough of the ranting.

I love Julian with his pumpkin! He looks so darn handsome in orange!