10.24.2008

Different Things.



This morning I sat down on the couch and Julian was swallowing something. Since we don't allow food in the living room I said "What was that?" He replied "Mommy medicine." My heart skipped a beat, "Where did you get it?" "De-yah" (there) and he points to a brown smudge on the living room pillow. OK, at least he hadn't found a vitamin or an Advil or something. Jon had pointed this smudge and chunk of dirt stuck to the throw pillow the night before and we'd forgotten to clean it up. The cat had been sick so we were worried that it was, you know, not dirt but when we smelled it, it didn't smell so we figured it was dirt. I said "You ate dirt?" "No, Mommy medicine!" I brought it to Jon and made him taste it. Yes, I made him lick the pillow.

He laughed. It was chocolate. I have NO idea where Julian got the idea that chocolate is Mommy medicine, and even less of an idea about how a chunk of chocolate got on a pillow. I don't even really like chocolate that much. But we are clearly going to have to have a talk about what is and what is not, medicine. :)

It's been a busy few weeks.

I had breakfast with Tasha and Syd this weekend. Tasha is the wife of one of Jon's soccer buddies (a group of boys that used to play until 90% of them had major knee surgery, Jon included.) She is someone I always thought I'd enjoy as a friend, but we'd never gotten past the 'chat at the party' phase. The kids really enjoyed playing so perhaps if we can make it happen again I'll find out if I was right.







We started Julian at his new school. Today Jon is leaving him for 2 hours without us. I'm a wreck. Last night we filled out a VERY long questionnaire about Julian, his habits, interests etc for the teachers and admin. The first question was "How does your child behave when he is alone?" We laughed.

Here is Julian's last day at his great daycare.



My sister forwarded me this most amazing Obama video- it had me in tears. O.K. so anyone who knows me understands that it's no great feat to do that but this one is really touching. Check it out when you're done here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ky8Hvq-F0U

I was watching TV last night and Jon, as usual, came stumbling out of the bedroom after having fallen asleep putting the baby down. I had saved him some of the (fabulous if I do say so myself) Yucatan pork stew we had for dinner. Should I be grateful he didn't dirty an extra dish?
1. Notice the 'I fell asleep with the baby' hair.
2. No, he does not do this in front of Julian.





This is one of 2 toys he has that is crazy plastic-y and has batteries. This crowd rides on a tractor we got from Joan and Bill. It is his favorite toy, of course. "Ol Don-AL." Yes, the tractor plays Old Macdonald. Sigh...

Julian is starting to line stuff up. Right on target.



-S

4 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

thank goodness he didn't get a pill. Mia did that to me once only I saw what she ate and it was a pill! I dropped a motrin when I was taking it and just grabbed another one and popped it in my mouth - just then Mia enters and picks it up and puts it in her mouth but didn't chew or eat it. They can be such little stinkers!

I hope his daycare is going well. How is he doing??

LOVE Jon's hair! You two are so stinking funny! The fact he let you take a pic ( I am sure you said you were going to blog it) and the fact he let you take the pic and even posed!

Vanessa said...

I would have to agree with him though that chocolate truly is the medicine of many moms!! Especially me!! LOL!

Becca said...

Good thing he didn't get a hold of one of mother's little helpers! Dave always gets mad when I take a pill in front of Ella - she is so inquisitive and interested in what I'm taking. Your family is beautiful - Julian is a doll.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

veggiemom said...

I think chocolate works pretty well for emotional health. ;0) Glad that's all it was!